|Dieting, food nutrition and diet tips. The secret to controlling your weight is to control what you eat. Turn a diet into a habit and it is no longer a diet but a lifestyle. The most effective diet tips tend to focus on lifestyle change.||
Diet, Food and Nutrition Tips
Reality Speaking - If you weigh more than you would like, it is because you ate more food calories than you used. It is also likely, those extra pounds accumulated over many months or years.
The secret to losing weight and keeping it off is that you must control your hunger, or more specifically, the amount of calories that you consume. Any diet that leaves you hungry will not work in the long-term. Hunger is a survival instinct and a very powerful one. A successful long-term diet must deal with hunger.
Therefore, to lose weight, you must eat. This will mean eating differently than you do now and will also mean changing your eating habits.
To control hunger and eat fewer calories you need to find less calorie dense foods. The object is to eat more but eat fewer calories. This means eating fewer processed foods and more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. For example, one average 6 oz. Apple contains 80 calories and just 2 ounces of cheddar cheese has 225 calories.
Listed below are a few tips you may find useful. Experiment. Find out what will work for you.
- A diet can cause shortages of important nutrients, take a good quality supplement to maintain good health and energy levels.
- Eat less fat.
- Eat water rich foods. ( for more see The Negative Calorie Diet)
- Never eat when you are not hungry. Before you eat ask yourself; Am I truly hungry.
- If you are hungry, have a glass of water. If still hungry in 20 minutes, eat.
- Decide how much you are going to eat before you start. If you are still hungry when you finish, wait 20 minutes. If still hungry, decide again how much you are going to eat.
- Drink more water, often you think you are hungry when in fact you are thirsty.
- Soups are filling, tasty and healthy. Stay away from creamed soups.
- Eat very slowly and enjoy.
- Exercise will reduce you hunger and stress. TAKE A WALK.
- Donít deprive yourself. If you really like a food, plan for it and eat it in combination with a more healthy food. Example: have a slice of pizza with a vegetable.
- Eat fruit 20 minutes before a main meal to reduce appetite.
- Eat to live. Donít live to eat.
- Write down the reasons you want to lose weight. Review and update it weekly.
- Set a long-term goal.
- Take note of how you feel after eating different types of food. Do you feel energetic, sleepy, full, constipated etc. Keep a diary.
- Plan ahead
- Pick a place at home and work that you will do all your eating. Do not eat in front of the TV or in your car.
- If you are going to a restaurant, decide ahead of time what you are going to eat. Stick to it.
- Teach yourself to like healthy foods and dislike unhealthy ones.
No-Starving. No calorie counting. Effective, Safe, Drug-Free Weight-loss. Turn that diet into a lifestyle.
Take Charge 100% guaranteed to work for you too.
Lose Weight Fast
Negative Calorie Diet
To Find out More
Diets & Diet Programs
Conditions and Diseases